Make-up 101

Friday, May 8, 2009

Concealment needed

Product: Acne Treatment Concealer
Made by: Murad
Price: $21.00

I have to admit I had a bit of a breakout across my chin last week. In the midst of my breakout I ran out of my usual acne fighting concealer. When I tried to order more, I discovered, much to my dismay that it was discontinued. But I did not despair long because one quick trip to Sephora.com and I decided to order Murad's Acne Treatment Concealer.

This is the first Murad product I've tried and based on this initial experience, I would definitely try some of their other products. The first thing I liked about the acne treatment concealer is that it is available in different shades. The typical kind available at a drugstore are usually only available in one shade which is usually too dark for me. (I don't have very light skin, so I often wonder who that shade is right for, but that is a problem for another day.)

The product comes in a stick about that is a little wider than a pencil eraser. It is a little wider than I would prefer, but tt is very simple to apply by just swiping the stick over the areas that need concealing and then blending with your finger tips. It blends smoothly and doesn't dry caky or flaky which is very good. I covered it with some pressed powder and I was good to go.
It lasted for the better part of the day so no midday re-application was necessary. That was good since it does have Salicylic Acid in it and too much of that tends to make my skin very dry and flaky. I'm not sure if it really helped to clear my acne, but it did cover it without causing any more and that is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment