Make-up 101

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good glossing

Product: Slip Gloss
Made By: Garden Botanika
Price: $9.00 (on sale)

I received "My Pretty Pink Box" full of samples and goodies a couple of weeks ago, but I've been so busy I haven't gotten to trying anything in the box until this past weekend.

Of course, I went for the lipstick sample first. Lipstick, gloss, balm, whatever, is the one product I can never get enough of. I haven't used any Garden Botanika products in a long time -- probably since their store in my local mall closed -- so I didn't have high expectations for this being anything more than your average lip gloss. What a nice surprise it was when I put it on and I thought to myself immediately "Now I see why they call it Slip Gloss." It applies with a typical lip gloss wand, but it goes on very light and very smooth. No stickiness or goopiness. The color is very sheer and the shine is nicely subtle. It is also odor and flavor free which I prefer. My only complaint with this product is lasting power. I didn't last more than an hour. I guess that is to be expected of something so sheer and light, but it would require a lot of re-application.

Honestly, I don't know where to buy Garden Botanika products besides their website these days, but if you happen to come across it, I recommend it. Based on this experience I would definitely give other Garden Botanika products a try too.

No comments:

Post a Comment