Make-up 101

Friday, April 17, 2009

Drugstore Surprise

Product: CoverGirl Simply Ageless Foundation
Made by: CoverGirl & Olay
Price: $13.99 (at drugstore.com)

I'm often a bit of a snob about foundation and prefer the department store brands to the drugstore brands, but I was attracted to this new product from CoverGirl so I decided to give it a try. Surprisingly I was not disappointed. CoverGirl and Olay have come up with quite a nice new product.

The CoverGirl Simply Ageless Foundation is a creamy foundation that is made with Olay Regenerist Serum. (The Olay is supposed to help the make up from settling into lines and wrinkles. I think the lightweight formula helps with that too.) The result is a smooth and easy to apply foundation that feels as good going on as a moisturizer with a cool light texture. Ease of blending means it goes on quickly. A variety of shades make it easy to find the right one. It offers light to medium coverage that lasts a good 4 hours or so and comes with an application sponge, but I recommend using one of those triangular make up sponges instead for more control of application.

Next time you're in your drugstore of choice, I say give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment